Do you love playing the game of Baccarat?
If you do, you’ll just love Ace Live Casino’s Live Baccarat, the best of all the casino games for challenging the house and ideal for those players who enjoy strategic betting.
This exciting game, with very attractive odds, demands the best professional croupiers to deal it – you’ll find our excellent live croupiers are the best of any Baccarat tables you’ve played at!
To view Ace Live Casino’s Live Baccarat Table, just click on the Live Demo or Play Now buttons.
If you want to learn how to play Baccarat or just refresh your memory with the aid of our handy baccarat guide – just read on!!
Baccarat has always been considered the most glamorous of the card games, with some of the highest limits played. Live Baccarat uses eight decks of cards. In Baccarat, Jacks, Queens, Kings and 10s are of no point value: Aces are valued as 1 and all cards from 2 up to and including 9 are valued at their specific face value. If the total of the cards dealt add up to a double digit number, the ten digit is dropped automatically as, for example, if a player is dealt a 7 and a 5, which add up to 12, the hand value is 2 points (12 - 10 = 2). Players have three different betting options, they can bet on Player, Bank or on a Tie. The various betting options are merely names for different types of bet and have nothing to do with the player or the croupier. The Ace Live Casino’s live croupier deals two cards each face down, to both the Player and the Banker.
You place your bet on Player, Banker or on a Tie. In Baccarat the object is to reach a total of 9 points. The payout is even money if either the Player or Banker wins although, if the Banker wins, it levies a commission of 5%. A winning Tie bet pays 8 to 1. The minimum bet in Ace Live Casino’s Live Baccarat is €0.10 and the maximum bet permitted is €500.
The Ace Live Casino real croupier deals two cards each to both Player and Banker, always dealing the Player’s hand first. When the third-card rule allows it, a third card will be dealt to either Player or Banker or to both. Thanks to the Ace Live Casino software, the third card decisions are made automatically, so you don’t need to learn the third card rules.
Third-Card Rule for the Player
• If both of the two cards dealt to Player and Banker equal 8 or 9, no third card is drawn. (An 8 or a 9 is denominated a Natural.) The game ends in a Tie.
• The Player's hand draws a third card when the Player's two cards are equal to or under 5.
• If the Player’s two cards total 6 or 7, the Player's hand does not draw a third card and the Banker's hand stands if it totals 6 or 7, taking a third card if the Banker’s hand is 5 or less.
The following rules determine whether or not the Banker’s hand takes a third card when the Player’s total is 6 or 7 and stands.
Third Card Rule for the Banker
• If the Banker’s total is 1 or 2, the Banker draws a third card whatever the Player's hand holds.
• If the Banker’s total is 3, the Banker draws a third card except when the Player's third card gives a total card value of 8.
• If the Banker’s total is 4, the Banker draws a third card except when the Player's third card gives a total of 0, 1, 8 or 9.
• If the Banker’s total is 5, the Banker draws a third card except when the Player's third card gives a total card value of 4, 5, 6 or 7.
• If the Banker’s total is 6, the Banker draws a third card except when the Player's third card totals 6 or 7.
• If the Banker’s total is 7, the Banker will not draw another card (i.e. the Bank stands.)
When the croupier has followed the third card rule through, with both Player and Banker, whichever hand is closest to 9 is proclaimed the winning hand.